Sunday, January 02, 2011

Highly Prized-
This is my first sketchbook page. After rambling through my thought proccess here, I did settle on "curiosity" and began with a definition. I was so surprised to find so many words that resonated with me in the definition. here are some of the main thoughts I have written down:
Curiosity is an emotion related to natural inquisitive behavior such as Exploration, Investigation and learning.
it is the main motive of scientists in its development as Wonder or admiration it is generally that which makes humans want to become an expert in a field of knowledge.
Human curiosity about curiosity itself, combined with the ability to think abstractly, leads to imitation, fantasy and imagination- eventually leading to human reason, being self- aware and Conscious.

Wow. There were so many words here I love- Wonder- exploration-imagination- being self-aware. It is a perfect choice for the theme, something I do "highly prize".
I knew I wanted to combine words with art in my sketchbook. I find such wonder in science and the Phi number sequence, science in general and a general campy- humor, like when i added "curiosity killed Schrodinger's cat " and added a cat doodle or when I doodled a rocket and wrote "dream big" on it. I'm willing to take this project a page at a time and allow the style resolve itself as it will. I do have the feeling I could have done several pages for this one word of Curiosity. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home