Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas concert





Last night was the annual Christmas Concert at the school. Because we are a small school, the concert included the middle school band, the middle school choir, a percussion group from the Middle school, the HS choir, HS Jazz band and HS concert band. Each group did 3 songs, so it made for a full and entertaining evening.


I can't say enough about the attitude of the band directors and the hard work they've put in. I know the other directors probably worked hard, but I really like the communication these folks have with us. I like their management style. I could tell a great difference in the Middle school band and it bodes well for the HS band in the years to come.


Maura is sporting a short brown hair do these days. (if you are keeping score) She is dressed in altered clothing and a pair of sky high heels we got her for Christmas (black sequins) She is playing the bells and you can see her standing in the back left side of the band. you don't get to hear her much until the very end of the song.


It was good seeing all the kids performing and the parents we know in the crowd. I'm glad Steve was able to see it. He flew home yesterday and is already gone again today.


I took Maura to the school this morning to take the ACT then I did a bit of shopping to make sure we were ok if the snow comes tonight. (although having the freezer makes that a lot less critical) I'm hoping to experiment today with cookies. maybe try making a wreath (if I can find the darnned thing) and continue to work on making the ornaments I have in the works.


Making glass things is adictive. Just when I finish soldering the pieces, I start thinking about cutting more glass and the proccess starts all over again. especially these small projects. My mind says "just a few more pieces, just a few more.." and the next thing I know, I've got to grind 50 pieces of glass again.


BUT- I'm thinking of a quilt design and it's engaging me, which is refreshing. I know sort of what I want to do, but still thinking about construction and elements in the design. I have a hard time thinking about Spring when it's winter... and I wish they would have a different theme for the show. But, the show IS in the Spring, so I guess it works and is broad enough. I have done so many Spring subjects, I'm wanting to branch out to maybe a whole year of events that begin in the spring centered around a certain subject. So, I'm gathering reference images from my collection of photos and we'll see how I do.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home