Friday, December 03, 2010

The Nelson- Adkins Museum of Art- the sculpture garden with shuttle cocks.
So, It's gotten to be a family tradition to interact with the sculptures. It began by accident when Delaney was pouting in the Chicago institute of Art and happened to be standing next to a statue with the same body expression. From there, we had Maura whispering in a statue's ear and Tyler mimicing a Picasso statue. So, it's only right that we join in with Steve being "one" with Buddah....



And I'm feeding the horse. We did some others, but I think I like these the best. The guards got a bit on the alert when you play like this, like they almost need to say something, which is amusing.

We happened to drive by the federal reserve and saw they had a museum so we stopped. We had to show our ID and get a name tag to get in- of course a metal detector... but then once in, was a slightly interesting show of historical money and specific history of the KC branch. We were free to take pics of all parts BUT where they are dealing with the real money. But, it was a bit mindboggling to see a warehouse VAULT with money stacked on pallets on shelves with deep perspective going off in the distance. A warehouse of MONEY. I really can't rap my mind around that part of it. I liked the historic money exhibit. In the end, they give you a small bag of shreded money. It was interesting to know they have a HS art competition using shreded money. I hope to share that with the art teachers here.
Also along the way we drove past the Train station which , besides being the amtrac station, has a science museum which is why we found this guy loitering outside in his festive gear.
So, of course, this post is in reverse order of what we did. Someday I'll remember to put the photos in backwards of how I want them to be. We spent the most time, by far, at the art museum and enjoyed it tremendously. We stopped on our way out of town to eat and then we forgot to keep our eye on finding the hwy 13 exit so we went too far on 71 before we remembered to look for it. Turned out- we had to cut east on small roads to get where we wanted to be, but hey- we saw an amish wagon with lanterns driving so that was interesting.
This was just what I needed to get me out of the dumps I was in.
I needed some adult one on one time. I needed to see something different from what I see all the time. I needed some art pick me ups too. Back to work on all sorts of projects.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home