Saturday, January 01, 2011

January Challenge- Highly Prized
This is the theme for January and I'm just musing about things...
what do I Highly Prize? Well, of course my husband and our 24 year marriage. I do prize my kids (of course) but they are teenagers and some days it's hard to remember why I do.
What visual images represent what I highly Prize?
I am happy to be an artist. I remember the first time I got recognition for that was in Middle school with a charm at the awards ceremony. I have received ribbons over the years. Maybe art made by others I highly Prize? probably the most famous piece I own is a Keith Haring, but I do prize several other pieces of art I own by not so famous artists.
I highly Prize things passed down from my family. I had a great, great aunt Mary who was an artist and I own several things she owned. I was surprised to discover my heritage on my father's side. Which makes me wonder what do I highly prize from my family in general? My mother? My father?
Nature. I do highly Prize all sort of natural things. Flowers, trees, landscapes and Phi is just so interesting. I love great mysteries of the world.
Intelligence. I do highly Prize intelligent people. Maybe the brilliant people, like Picasso and Feynman but I especially love those people who explore the grays of the world. Not the black or white, right or wrong, moral or evil, but those who explore the places that have no answers or those who try to build a consensus of true.
I think the thing I most Prize is curiosity. Now, to think of images to support that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home