Friday, October 09, 2009

My sister and her husband visited this week and we went to Eureka Springs for the day.
They are celebrating their anniversary, so we had to take a romantic picture!

My sister found some ribbon she liked in this needlework store. I loved the cabinet here. Each drawer was labeled with different supplies, and I liked all the old photos they had taped up. The cashier was really very pleasant. I think I took the picture when she was complaining how small the numbers were on the spools that she had to record for the sale. I really don't do needle work , so there wasn't anything here I was tempted by.
One of the side roads around the area leads you to the small town of Beaver, which really doesn't have a town, but does have a one lane bridge over an arm of Tablerock Lake. Even though you have to see if a car is coming before you get onto the bridge, there's a slight rise, so you can't really see if the bridge is all clear. You can see the other end, so you kinda wait and watch for awhile. It's not all that busy, so it's not all that hard.
The rest of the visit was spent shopping in Branson at thrift stores for wool items. My sister loves working with wool and felting, but it's hard to find old wool sweaters in Texas. I was hoping to find a long dress that would make a good start for Maura's Halloween costume. I was unsuccessful. Hopefully, I'll find something tomorrow at the church garage sale or we'll have to start from scratch and buy fabric when we go to Springfield.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home