Monday, July 20, 2009

Painting Plates-
This project began with finding a cute plate rack at the dollar store in the halloween theme, but I didn't have any plates to put in it. I picked out three plain plates while I was still in the store, brought them home and decided to paint them with the enamel paints you can use on glass.
They are all based on things my kids love, so we have a skeleton Pirate, a skeleton in a hat drinking coffee and a skeleton with her pet skeleton dog and a bat, 'cause Delaney was the one who found the bat this summer. It's my take on the Day of the Dead skeletons that show them enjoying something in death that they loved in life.





1 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Tanya Brown said...

(Found your blog via the QuiltArt mailing list.)

I'm chiming in "a day late and a dollar short", but wanted to say that these plates are great. You've inspired me. Thank you so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home