Tuesday, June 09, 2009



Day 4-
My son was gone over the weekend, so this morning, he tried his hand at feeding Alexander.
I noticed that Alex was being a bit of a picky eater this morning at 6, he did a bit better at this feeding but seemed to want to curl up and sleep more than anything else. I did his 11:00 feeding, and , again, he didn't eat as much as usual. I re-heated the milk, thinking it wasn't warm enough, but still no dice. When I went to get him from his box for his 1:00 feeding, he was dead.
So, I am sad. I was told it wasn't easy and not to feel bad if he didn't make it, but I really thought we were doing well. Maybe the issue with his one leg I noticed yesterday was a sign things weren't going well for him afterall and not an injury. I can say I was surprisingly attatched to him and enjoyed caring for him, even though it took over my life quite a bit. I think we all (except Maura) enjoyed seeing a bat close up and personal and I think we did everything we could to save him. That's all I can say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home