Monday, June 08, 2009

A bit of Art-

Here's a piece I've been working on. It's a portrait of my daughter and two friends when they went to their first concert. I've been trying a few things out with this piece. One thing is the isolation of the realistic portraits against a more abstract background and adding that edging around the figures. It's something I've been playing with for awhile. Also, this was my first time trying to face a quilt instead of having a binding. And trying out the washable glue technique of holding things in place.
My attempt wasn't great and the glue made everything very stiff. I killed my finger trying to sew the facing on the back. (all hand stitching too) This made it mandatory to wash the quilt and some of the details were lost. All in all, I'm not sure I'd try this again. As it is, I'll need to work back into it to regain the deatils I've lost. I also have to add a few embellishments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home