Saturday, June 06, 2009


Going Batty!
Meet Alexander, the baby bat we're attempting to rescue. Delaney had her final day of basketball camp at the Middle school gym. One of the girls there discovered Alexander on the gym floor. She took it outside, but was hoping to ask her dad if she could keep it. Delaney asked me as a backup plan if things fell through. Turns out, her Mom picked her up and said no, so we brought him home and jumped on the internet to find out how to care for him. After calling everyone listed in MO on a bat rescue site, I started calling the ones in Arkansas. Luckily, I reached Colleen Riley who could NOT have been more helpful and clear about what we needed to do.
We got quickly in the car and drove to Petco in Branson to get the supplies and so far, Alexander is hanging on (I know- it's a great pun!) It's early days, and he's just SO young, but if he continues to do well, I'll call about finding someone who is a better expert in Bat care.
While we do love God's creatures, I doubt the cat and a bat will get along long term (although they do in poems..uh.. you know.. they rhyme?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home