Monday, June 01, 2009

JUNE-
It's summer time, although I haven't quite gotten into the swing of things yet. It seems like my unpaid job of taxi driver just ramped up. Taking Maura to summer school , Ty and Maura to work and getting Delaney to all her various social events (or basketball camp) is keeping me in the car traveling at odd times of the day.
We watched the DVD "yes man" tonight. It was an interesting concept... one that has a bit of appeal for opening yourself up to new experiences and not knowing where it will take you, or what you might discover you love. So often I guess we say "yes" to trying to get what our kids want and "no" to any adventures of our own. Sometimes, especially when you are married for years, you say no to things you'd like to do, because they don't want to do it. One day you wake up and find neither one of you are doing fun things, because you don't enjoy the same things, or something... I'm still trying to figure that out.
For example- I like music, he likes music, he has the chance to have tickets to shows we both would like to see, but it's June and those tickets have been available since January. Any time.. any night. I honestly don't understand what the disconnect is.
Maura continues to go once a week to counseling. Is it helping? What the evaluation? I don't have a clue. She has removed her arm coverings.. the 50 bracelets and I can see she's healed. I don't see her as troubled any longer.. she's still not social and seems to think that making a cake she wanted to make should make me happy. Uh, why is that again?
She made a point of going to summer school to get required classes out of the way instead of sitting at home, so that seems like she has a positive goal in mind. She works on the weekends and does a good job. That seems responsible. I think she has forgotten all about the incident and thinks everyone else should too. The problem is, she went too far this time and it's not something easily forgotten to us.
Ty is heading off on a colonial encampment this weekend. They reenact settler/ Indian stuff on the banks of the Mississippi near St Louis. He's going with his Boss, the wife and the father-in-law. I wonder how he'll enjoy it, camping out all weekend, dressing up in the clothes, hanging out with some unique individuals. Oh, and boy, can you feel like white bread normal compared to them. LOL Ty generally enjoys people, is easy going but seems to still be able to follow his inner compass.
Inner compass... maybe that's what the "yes man" movie was all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home