Tuesday, July 29, 2008




Getting ready for Friday-
Maura and I have been getting ready for the Book party at borders on Friday, the night the newest book in the "twilight" series is sold. There will be a costume/ t-shirt design contest, as well as a trivia contest (Maura is studying up for that)
So, here's our outfits. Mine is a t-shirt design and her's is Alice's prom dress. We made a trip to the Thrift shops yesterday looking for black fabric, but ended up finding a black halter palazzo pants outfit for $4.00. With some altering and her bikini top added, we came close to the dress decribed in the book. It helped that the author took her dress from a runway design and some enterprizing fan found an image of it. You can see it here:
My T-shirt design was taken from a portion of a print of Northwest American Indian art, because Jacob is both an American Indian and a warewolf. My quote comes from his Dad, Billy.
I'm happy with my design and I feel I'll be ok for the event and, well, the quote stands up beyond this event so I could wear it teaching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home