Monday, July 28, 2008



Finished Work-

I finished up this quilt yesterday. I'm thinking of a title for it, in keeping with my current use of song titles for quilt titles. "Happy" Hopper wrote a song for his father, based on a tramatic event in his childhood and I think that title would be the best one for this quilt. So, unless he objects, this will be called, "Cool Water".

I feel like I'm beginning a series of quilts here. Ideas keep running around my head and I'm sorting and organizing them, trying to give words to the feelings I'm having. This much I know..

I want to do portraits and am first attracted to musicians. I want to not forget the heritage of quilting, the imperfect, folky feeling. I want to maintain the same size (for now) of the works. I want to celebrate the less famous, but no less dedicated, musicans. Perhaps it will expand beyond musicians, and I've been thinking about that. Americana. The ordinary, average, American people. This might be a very large series, or maybe have sub sets. For now, I'm beginning here.

1 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Blogger Sarah E. said...

This is Extremely Cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home