Saturday, July 05, 2008


Happy 4th of July-2008
I hope you all enjoyed your Independence Day. Mine was so low key, I barely noticed there was a holiday. My youngest has spent the week with a friend who is spending HER week at the grandma's house down the street. Today, she was spending it with her friend's family. The rest of my gang worked today. It was Maura's first day working in the store. Steve came home with Subway at about 7:00. He ate and napped. Tyler ate like he was a bottomless pit. Maura jumped on the computer. That's how the early evening went. I woke Steve up for the fireworks. We watched them from the soggy backyard because the kids said they didn't care about driving into town to watch them. Then, we set our own off. That was it. No cook out, no homemade icecream, no watermellon. LOL We are just non-conformists this year!
So, what did I do with my day to myself? Thrilling things like cleaning the house. I also finished cleaning up my newest batch of buttons, getting them ready for the glaze firing. I hope the weather cooperates. At least it didn't rain on the 4th and spoil the fireworks like last year. No, it rained yesterday, another 5 inches, so, everything is still muddy and soggy here. The lake still hasn't gone down and there's talk they might have to open the flood gates again if we keep getting rain. Tomorrow, I'm all set to work on my quilt project.... or paint the entry way. Not sure which yet.
People have been discussing their stashes on the QA list. I have a modest one, but I always avoided stripes in mine. Now, my current project is using stripes and it seems like something I might try again. So, did some shopping the other day for stripes. Of course, who can pick up just one piece of fabric? (not me!) and I was seduced into a few more that, when they were put together on the cutting table, coordinated! That rarely happens because I rarely buy fabric for a specific project. I tend to fall in love (or severe like) with each piece on it's own merit and eventually, it finds it's home in a piece of art.
Anyway, Happy 4th and enjoy your weekend doing something you love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home