Thursday, February 16, 2006

Local artists
The Americas

Europe

"special exhibit"-Photography

Africa


Asia


The Museum of Arts and sciences-

Today was the big day at the primary school- Museum day! I was asked by Karen Murary, the Music teacher, to be in charge of the art gallery and so I've spent weeks gathering and networking to get art for our gallery. Once we started to ask around, there was no hesitation of generous people who were willing to donate both time and their artworks for this to be successful.
It took many of us a full day to transform the music room into a museum. I discovered a friend, Ginny, Had an incredible sense of "merchandising". I don't think our exhibit would have looked nearly as wonderful without her help. I had a lot more anxiety about setting up than the actual day at the museum. Keep in mind, when you look at the photos, this was a classroom that was transformed and we can't perform absolute miracles in a day.
Today, I was the tour guide for 8 groups of kids, each group being made of up 2 classes. Each tour lasted 25 mins. And I was talking the entire time with a 5 min. Break between groups, and a long lunch in the middle. Typically, there's no shortage of parents who are willing to help with events like this, however, this room took a bit of specialized knowledge. My assistant was a very pregnant Mom who was not feeling well. She ended up leaving to go to the Dr.'s office, which I was all in favor of! That was much more important!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home