Saturday, January 14, 2006

New Computer-
So, today we made a mistake about the time Delaney's basketball game started. We ended up there way too early, so, since there's nothing else to do, we went to Walmart to walk around. Well, Delaney's shoes needed replacing, so we did that. All of the kids have had a growth spurt, but this one went from a size 5.5 to 7 in a couple months. She's only 9 and is already wearing ladies size 7. Anyway, then I looked around at the craft section. The 4-H group has found a project leader for scrapbooking, and both girls signed up for it. I was browsing to see what's available locally.
This is totally off the topic, but I have a weakness for paper. I have quite a bit of different sorts stockpiled here because of it. There's something about a stack of new blank paper that just gives me a little thrill. I even love buying a package of computer paper. So, I saw some interesting mulberry papers there in the scrapbooking aisle that I was tempted by.
I saw some nice glass beads there that called to me, so I bought those.
My husband tracked me down to ask if I wanted a new computer. Well, how am I to answer that question? I really don't know anything about the hardware of a computer. I know how to use it, what I want to do with it, maybe some possibilities of things I'd like to get around to doing with it, but that's about it. So, I basically didn't say anything.
We went to the basketball game. I don't know if I've talked about this here, but I absolutely detest sports! I had a weak moment and allowed Delaney to sign up for it. So, I grind my teeth and watch and try to look like I'm enjoying it. She did well. Her team did well. My husband was , well, he's like this strange being these last few weeks. He's proud of her playing, he works with her on skills, he keeps track of what she does in the games, he calls his DAD and brags about her.
Yikes! He's like turning into a sports person or something!
Anyway, after all that excitement, we came home. I said, "well, if you think I'd notice something if I had a new computer, then ok". The next think I know, he told me he needed to check on his stores. That was fine with me, I was planning on some experimenting with some art ideas here at home. The next thing I know, he's calling me from Springfield and says he's bought me a better computer than we were looking at earlier at Walmart. I should start saving stuff I want to keep.
Well, I had some issues with that, so I wasn't far along by the time he came home. So, he hooked up something and cleared my HD onto it. Within a couple hours, he had the new computer up and running and everything I was saving back on the new computer. I have to say this is the smoothest transition I've had switching machines.
I do notice things are working much quicker. I'm still settling into my new "home" and I've yet to try some of the cool features I have now. I have an internal cd/dvd burner again. That cleared one thing off my desk. I have a tower again. That allowed my printer to sit back on the desk again. I have a new keyboard with some nice shortcut buttons too.
I have a new computer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home