Saturday, November 12, 2005


Photo shoot with 4-H
Today, The 4-H club was holding a bake sale/craft sale. Originally, I think all the funds were to go to helping with supplies for the pets rescued from Hurricane Katrina and being cared for by a humane society not far from here. Since the idea for 4-H is for the members to make as many decisions as possible, the final say so of the money raised will be by the kids. We had a great turnout of members and had a good sale as well.
I took my sub group of photographers out on our first photo shoot. We were in search of Fall colors but Fall really hit here last week, so we were photographing the stragglers. It was a rainy day. I had told them that we'd go on shoots, no matter what weather, because beautiful photos can be found in all lighting situations. Today was perfect for beautiful close-up portraits. Which I'd love to show you, but not sure I can since they weren't my kids. Instead, I'll show you this cabin. I had seen it as I drove by in the late Fall and winter. When the trees are leafed out, it's hidden from view.
So, we decided to see if we could find it today. It's a wonderful cabin but it looks new. It's made authentically, with logs and chinking, split wood shingles, etc.. But there's a new lock on the door. (Which is puzzling because there's also just a wide open space for a window. ) Inside, there was a bed and I'm not sure what all, because it was so dark. Outside, there were lovely, rustic chairs.
This seemed like a prize for me, because I had driven past it so often and wanted to find my way there, and today was the day. It was a good day and I'm looking forward to seeing what they captured. I plan on showing my successes and failures at our next meeting. We'll learn from that discussion and go out on another photo trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home