Monday, September 05, 2005


Labor Day Monday-
We ALL sort of took it easy today. Psyche, our cat, included. I started snapping pictures and interrupted her nap. Psyche is a shelter kitty. Delaney and I picked her out when she was a small kitten after we lost 2-K from a mysterious illness the vet never pinpointed. At first, she was reluctant to eat, but by the time she was old enough to be fixed, she was a fat kitty. It's hard to know where she stops and her hair begins. On the surface, she doesn't look that fluffy, but when she rolls over, you see her luxurious and SO soft hair. She's not exactly a loving kitty, but she's getting better as she ages. She likes the kids more than she does me. I'm allowed to only pet certain parts of her on her request, not mine. Maybe in a couple more years, she'll actually like me, but I'm not holding my breath.
By the way, she's lounging on our loveseat with Tyler's baby quilt in the background. That quilt was made by my friend Rhee Batey 14 years ago. Back then, we both were just becoming interested in quilting, but I gravitated towards applique where I could make "pictures" from fabric while she liked the patchwork designs. Since then, I've learned to appreciate the beauty of the patchwork patterns and made a few quilts like that myself. I still tend to gravitate to making pictures with my quilts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home