Wednesday, January 07, 2009



Post Secret-
So, to make up the lack of a trip over the break, I took Maura and her friend to see the art exhibit in bentonville, arkansas. You can read about it here:http://www.postsecretcommunity.com/
First, The girls were very interested. The cards captured their attention right away and they read every single one. The exhibit was interesting because so many people who shared their secrets created postcard images or altered cards to make them very creative expressions of the subject of their secret. Some were sad. Some were shocking. Some were touching. It made me think about what secrets I have and what ones I'd want to share.
What thoughts do we have we feel we can't share? What have we done we're ashamed of? What is in our past we'd like to purge? What do we secretly hope for?
After we read all the cards, the girls went to the station they set up where visitors could create their own postcard. I spent that time looking at the envelopes some cards were sent in (see pic above) and looking at the plans for the new art museum scheduled to open in 2010. Crystal Bridges. I can hardly wait! I didn't want to hover over their shoulders so they felt free to write a secret. (hard to do that with Mom there!) We stopped in Eureka Springs and shopped a bit before heading home. It turned out to be a really nice day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home