Sunday, June 03, 2007

The most illusive one!
Meet my 16 year old son, Tyler. He doesn't come out of his room very often (only to eat) and hates to have his picture taken, so I was lucky I captured this moment when he joined us. I told him today I'm making a quilt of him and he just sighed and asked, "why?" My daughter piped in and said, "she's already made one of me and Delaney, so it's your turn."
She's right. I did use Delaney as my model for my entry in the "why is the sky Blue?" QA Challenge. I also made a quilt of maura when she had long hair. But, then, I have a failed quilt that I did painting a portrait of maura and I have a failed UFO quilt I started of Tyler, but got frustrated with the mandatory 51" square format.
Anyway, I think he's a good kid. He's got a great sense of humor and a boat load of potential when he decides what to apply it to. I think he's a good friend to others and he'll make a good boyfriend to a lucky girl. He's taking his first tentative steps in that direction now, so we'll see how it goes. I like that he's taking his time and I trust he'll make good decisions because of it.

1 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My brother, sister in law and her teenage son came to visit us several years ago. He spent the vast majority of the visit in my computer room on the computer. Coming out only for meals or restroom breaks---we called him "the mole" because he was always blinking in the light! Your son reminds me of him right down to the headphones!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home