Sunday, June 03, 2007

Flowers for inspiration-
For many, when the word "columbine" is mentioned, it brings up a sad tragedy in our nation's education system. But, here, let's remember that the flower came before that and it's a lovely and complex one. In my garden, I purchased one columbine plant a few years ago and every year since, it's reseeded itself. Not only that, but my original must have been a hybrid, and the subsequent plants have gone back to their true roots. I have had several different colors of columbine flowers, and all of them are lovely. I've always thought this flower was one of the most complex ones and, if you click on the picture and take a good look at the different flowers shown at different angles, you'll see what I mean. Even the seed pods are interesting.

1 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool. The unopened ones have Dr.Seuss quality to them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home