Tuesday, September 26, 2006


Pecos Bill-

This is a quick photo of the quilt I made about the American Tall Tale, Pecos Bill. The background is pieced and the images are appliqu'ed. I machine quilted it on my home machine and added Shiva oil sticks for accents as well as some beads, buttons and glitter paint.I wanted the borders to reflect a folk-like style of quilting. Making do with what you have at hand, so more colorful, mixed up colors and patterns and a kind of carelessness in the design.
This quilt shows Pecos Bill riding a twister with ease after he roped it with a rattlesnake. Of course, the only way the twister could escape was to rain itself out from underneath him, thus creating the Grand Canyon.

2 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love Pecos Bill. Thanks for showing it to me.

Christine Thresh

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Elle said...

Pecos Bill is TOO much fun!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home