Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Remember me?

I hadn't realized how long it's been since I wrote here. I've been quiet here, but busy otherwise.
I came back from Chicago so excited about quilting and working on my Houston entry. I've had a few set backs in my ideas. I write that saying that I'm sure it happens to others too.
Set backs like that fabulous, stunning quilt in my head flatly refuses to materialize. Early attempts have been dismal and I've had to re-think some construction issues. Then, I got sidetracked by another quilt that assured me that it would be MUCH more forthcoming and manageable. It lied. Now, I'm sitting here with TWO uncooperative quilts refusing to be birthed into this world. But wait, here comes another idea that assures me It's ready(but it's really not).
So honestly, what I have is a fractured mind and I'm beginning to get panicky that any of them will really be ready by the deadline. I'd spend more time on focusing the voices, but I've been busy substitute teaching. Since summer is coming soon and that option of added income will be lost to me, I need to work as many days as possible now. I adore those kids! But wow! Are they getting squirrelly.
I figure I can hold out until that's over to get my whip and chair and tame those quilts into speaking one at a time ( using their inside voices). We'll see how it all progresses.

1 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger Elle said...

Welcome back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home