Friday, March 17, 2006


Travel Challenge-
Off topic chats often inspire challenges. This was one called "travel challenge" where we could make a travel poster (or post card) to celebrate where we live. I live in a rural area in SW Missouri and I suppose I could have put the name of my town on the poster, but it's really not why people come to visit here. They come for the Lake and all the activities associated with it.
I remember back when I lived in Florida, they were selling "water shoes" so you could go shelling without hurting your feet. I never thought a second about purchasing those shoes until I moved here. They are a must! The entire lake is ringed with rocks of all different sizes and all of them are sharp! So, when you come to visit our beautiful lake, don't forget the water shoes!

3 Comments:

At 4:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb, Is that down by Branson?? We went there if it is, and you are right it is grogeous. But we didn't get to see the rock.

 
At 4:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess I should preview this hour in the am. :-( My apologies.

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Barbara Pozek said...

Marilyn-
Sorry I didn't post a message earlier. Yes, this is down near Branson, same lake, different part. there are literally hundreds of miles of shoreline, so I'm not surprised you didn't find this rock. It's located at the JoeBald lake access.Not exactly on the tour of Branson. Also, because the water levels have dropped this year, more 'things' have been showing up than in the past 10 years I've lived here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home