Wednesday, July 20, 2005


OHIO-

I just returned home from a trip to the Cleveland area with my family. The trip was planned around a family reunion (of my husband's clan) which was a gathering of his siblings and parents as well as cousins and their kids. Our kids were the youngest there since there's quite a jump in the ages in the family. Anyway, it was good to see all of them again and the hospitality was faultless. While we were in the area, we took in a couple amusement parks. I've got to say that I've been turned every way a person can be in the past few days and I'm just getting too old for it.
Luckily, we have two fearless coaster riders in the family and they are both big enough to ride everything. The third child picks and chooses a bit more carefully what she'll get on and I'll do steal coasters while my husband will do the wooden ones. It all seems to work out.
Cedar Point ( www.cedarpoint.com) is Mecca in the coaster world. They had more coasters than we could ride in a day and most of them were extreme ones. If you want to say "fastest,tallest,steepest" in describing what you did this summer, go there. A nice feature of the website is the QuickTime video views of the different coaster rides. It gives you an idea of what it will be like.
I have to be honest and say that I wasn't thrilled by my husband's decision to drive from there all the way home in one go. 14 hours in a car with three kids is a bit much. But, it was good to sleep in our own bed again and I was happy to spend the savings today on my newest hobby, stained glass.
I discovered today that Hobby Lobby was having a 1/2 price sale on their glass. I didn't think I was ready to learn to cut glass yet, but I just couldn't pass up the sale, knowing that at some point, I do want to work with something other than scraps. It might not be this week, however.
Temperatures in Missouri this week will be topping out near 100 with high humidity. A bit warm to be sitting outside with hot solder.
I need to begin to think about the projects for PSR classes this next year. I've been unsuccessful these past few years creating a project for the older kids. The projects have demanded that they work on their own time, and these kids do not put the work into it out side of class. I'm thinking of a project they can do in class worthy of their age. We'll see how it goes.
I'd like to do a real tribute to Angela (see prior post) by doing a project based on calligraphy.
Beyond that, I've not put much thought into it. I've got a couple weeks.
I also received a notice from the school board that my fingerprints were smeared and I have to re-do them and submit them again. It's so frustrating because I did all this in plenty of time, now everything will be held up (again) through no fault of my own(again). So, tomorrow, I must try to find a police department with 1) someone there. 2) someone who has experience 3) someplace close. Well, that leaves out Reeds Spring and Branson West police depts. Maybe I can do it at Kimberling City and get them to the school board office and still have time to take the girls to see "Charlie and the Chocolate factory"(Willie wonka) Which my DH decided I should do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home