Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Dragons, Dreams, and Daring Deeds-
This Tuesday will be the first meeting for the local Library's summer reading program and I'm working with the older kids again. I enjoy it very much and I love being able to come up with art projects that fit the themes. I have decided on what projects I'd like to do. I've made some examples, so I know what parts will be difficult, and how long it might take. One project I'm planning is making fairy wings to wear. The photos I took of my girls were testing my example out. I think it will be fine. Maybe some of the boys might not want to make wings, but then, maybe some of the girls won't care about making shields either. I think they should do both activities though.
The first thing I've got to do is make a dragon from cardboard. I need to have all the pieces cut out so I can have the kids do the spray painting (using some stencil shapes for details) and then we'll glue it together into it's final 3-D shape. We'll display it in the Library durring the program (5 weeks)
But, I have to take DH to the airport tomorrow and I've been working on my own art for the past couple days. Always a plus, being able to work on my own art. So, for now, I'll get back to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home