Monday, April 18, 2005

first communion

It feels just like a wedding... so much to prepare for and it lasts about an hour.
I spent hours teaching my daughter what they felt she needed to know. She spent hours going to a class to teach her , well, I guess the same thing I was teaching her. We spent a whole saturday at a "mandatory family day". I showed up at a time (that was decided by someone else) to bake bread, only to find no one there. Of course, the other person decided she was too busy to do it and no one remembered who else got drafted. So, no one bothered to call me that it was cancelled. Oh, so apparently, my time isn't as valuable even though I had enough on my plate too. On the mandatory family day, we made a banner. Weeks later, I was supposed to drop everything and drive there to tell them what font I wanted on the banner.Uh, couldn't you have asked that sometime durring the 6 hours I was there? Turns out, a week later, I could still make the decision.
So, we had company. Friends and family to help celebrate. More friends than family. My parents are gone and my husband's are not up to a long trip any longer. So, basically, one aunt on each side was there. Other than that, it was our friends and my daughter's friends. It was funny how none of the husbands showed up, just the women and kids. My nephew's girlfriend came, but not my nephew.
Oh well... I believe Delaney had a good time and she did great. This is my last one going through this, so thank goodness, I don't have to wait for what else the church cooks up to help me celebrate my child's religious rites of passage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home