Thursday, April 21, 2005

Choir Concert

Who can fathom the mind of a pre-teen? I was begged by my middle daughter to be a chaperone on the choir contest trip. Then, I was told to sit as far away from her on the bus as possible. I was compleately ignored the entire time I was there by her, yet, she complained bitterly that I didn't buy her anything while we were there. I give up!
It was held at a drive through wildlife park not far from where we live. I was rather looking forward to it. The last time I'd been to one was Lion Country Safari in South Florida. Time sure flies. (time disolve)
I took my (then) 2 yr old niece and on the way, the Challenger exploded. Of course, I didn't realize what I saw, to me it looked like some strange flare accident. Anyway, that was a very cool place, driving through in your car while the animals ran free, the lions seperated from the other animals and I'm pretty sure they weren't in cages. I remember looking out the window at a giraffe's knee and thinking they were a heck of a lot bigger than I ever assumed.
(fast forward) This park had all the dangerous animals in cages. Only the cattle, deer, lamas, stuff like that were out in the open. You could feed them but, honestly, they weren't all that interested and totally honestly... who wants a cow with a snotty, slimy face and a long tongue nosing at you anyway? The fences were very secure (read obtrusive) so, I've had a better time at a zoo.
But, let's get serious here... we were there for a concert and the kids gathered and practiced in an unused gift shop. They sounded great. The contest was in a larger building, acoutics weren't great, but I think they did fabulously with their two songs. As a mom, I am thrilled my daughter is finally singing in a group that has some harmony going. I would like to see that starting sooner in her life.
(way back machine) I have such fond memories of singing alto with my friend in the church choir.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home