Wednesday, March 30, 2011


Lola - day 3 with us (above)
Lola and Delaney in Wolves attire (below)
Lola-
I don't know how this really came about. Honest. We had tried having a dog (after our long time buddy, Babe, passed away) and Rufus just didn't work out. He was a beagle mix and chewed everything all the time. In the end, we decided he was not a good fit for our family and found him another good home. We thought we just should stick with the cats and fish and pass on having another dog. A friend of Delaney's needed to give away her Yorkie and we seriously started thinking about having a dog again. Before we decided, they had found a home for it.
But then, Delaney and I went to the animal shelter thrift shop one day. I saw on their board a Bichon and I thought it might be possible to find a better dog for us at the shelter and took a quick drive out there.
They didn't have the Bichon, but they did have some new puppies that had just come in. We looked at them, came home, talked to Steve about them and then went out the next day to see them again. We were told all of them were boys. We chose the cream colored one. I picked him up on Friday and he was such a sweetie! He loved being held and cuddled and, as I was rubbing his belly I made the discovery that he was a she! By the time I discovered that, the shelter was closed for the day and, really, I didn't mind it was a girl, in fact, I preferred it. But I was concered about the paperwork being accurate. Delaney was concerned about finding a new name since Zeus wouldn't fit. It really didn't take long for her to pick Lola and it seems to fit her.
Lola is very needy- she has to be near you at all times. She's coming along with potty training and getting used to leash walking. We discovered that she doesn't seem to mind being dressed up and so I decided I should make her a t-shirt to support Delaney during track season. So, she has her own Wolves t-shirt in the right colors. It was easy to put together, so we might end up with a whole wardrobe of outfits for this little girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home