Thursday, May 15, 2008

Field trip!
I went along as a chaperone on the 8th grade honor society trip to the State capital on Tuesday. It's a long trip there and back. We had to be at the school at 5:15 am. We got up at 4:00 am. (now, you know why I'm just posting the pictures now. LOL. ) It was a long day.
I think the missouri capitol is one of the most beautiful ones in the country. I was a bit disappointed that we did not get to see the lounge that has Thomas Hart Benton murals on all four walls. We did, however, get to go up to the whisper gallery, waaaayyy up in the dome. Supposedly, if you whisper, the people across from you can hear you. I wouldn't know, because 14 year olds do not whisper, especially in a pack.
For the most part, the kids were very good, at least, there weren't many surprises, although, who would guess 14 year olds would try eating an azalea? Now, that was just out in left field and a bit mystifying. These are the smart kids?
Anyway, the picture was taken from the first floor looking up towards the top dome. I love all the curves! If you look carefully, you can just barely see a sliver of railing for the whisper gallery at the very top. I was there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home