Friday, April 11, 2008

Lake Taneycomo flooding the fountains
The Fountains at Branson Landing in March
Tablerock dam with all 10 gates open

Rain, Rain,Go Away...


Ah, frankly, we've had too much of it in SW Missouri, leading to so many warnings of flash floods and general flooding, people aren't even paying attention to it. As if we didn't already know it was flooding (including my basement). Yesterday, however, we had a new warning. Civil emergency. Hmmmm. Turns out, Tablerock Lake was full enough, they had to open the gates of the dam and, for the first time since the 50's all 10 gates were opened. They increased the flow last night, opening the gates wider. The Lake is expected to crest tomorrow. This historic for me, so I took a look today. I went to the dam and took pictures. I went downtown in Branson to their new outdoor mall called "The Landing" which runs right along Taneycomo, the portion of the lake system after the dam.
All the waterfront promenade and several restaurants were closed. The showcase fountain with it's fountain jets and fire balls coordinated to music was also underwater. Most of the center was still open with an "business as usual" attitude. I need to take some pictures of Tablerock lake from locations I've shot before, to contrast. Maybe tomorrow....if it doesn't snow. Sigh!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home