Monday, August 02, 2010

End days of summer-
I decided I would start work on a bigger piece for a set of windows in my Living room. It took me a couple days to do the rough cutting for the pieces that will go across the tops of the windows. But then, something happpened to my grinder. I called the company and they think it had something to do with the wiring and the switch- but told me to send it to them and they would fix it and send it back. I've had to set this project aside until I get my grinder back. So, instead of spending this week working on glass, I decided to repaint the bathroom.
I think I was just tired of the blue and the elves. It kept me busy while I was waiting to hear if I was going to texas with or without Steve. Sometimes his job is so exciting and hard to plan around. I finished stripping the table and now it's back in the Living room where it belongs. I probably should do the two smaller side chairs, but I got tired of inhaling stripping fumes. LOL.
It's gotten so hot here, hotter than normal, and it's cooking my garden. I finally got a cucumber. The squash died before any squash appeared. I've chased the japaneese beetles around from area to area in my yard. It's interesting to see what they like and don't like to munch on.
I'm looking forward to the trip to Texas and happy Steve will be going along. Looking forward to seeing the family and meeting the new ones at the wedding.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home