Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Family history project-
I dusted off the videos and decided to post them here. They were made in 2003 using 2 different programs. One was an early Movie Maker and I had to get a freeware program to make the voice recordings. Of course, I'm not that great of a speaker ( I don't have a radio voice) and I was getting a cold (or allergies) which you can hear as you progress from one video to the next. In the end, I had to stop because I had no voice.
The next person in line was Gideon, who was my ancestor who fought in the Revolutionary War. Imagine having 4 generations here before it was even a nation.
I was also perplexed about what my next step should be. I had information about my Mother's family to this date as well. Should I do one line (my dad's) until I am to the present time, and do a seperate set for my Mom's side? Should I merge the two? And what happens when I push My Mom's line farther back? Would I need to redo these?
Because my ancestors weren't famous, there's little mention of them and this is (of course) pre- Photography era, so I solved that problem by adding in images of inventions and events these people experienced. I was able to get that timeline from Ourtimes.com and just changed the dates for each generation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home