Thursday, May 27, 2010

Yard updates- Here's a shot of the side of the house and the newly added planting boxes for blueberries.
I also have onions, lettuce and tomatoes growing here and a few herbs sharing the tomato box.
It might be awhile before we get blueberries, but I'm looking forward to them! The grass is coming in fairly well.

Here's a general shot of the backyard. The roses are looking fabulous!They are the only thing that survived the water issues in that corner. My cucumber trellis is up and the plants are just beginning to climb. Next to them are my hills for squash. I've even spent some time for the far back border, although truthfully, it's a work in progress. I've got some irises, daylillies, hollyhocks and I moved a peony there too. Still have a lot more to be done.

This year, these popped up in our yard. I think they are wild strawberries, but, they have yellow flowers, so I'm not sure enough to take a bite of them to find out.


Lastly, this is a shot of my first stained glass piece. I have a matching one in the other corner of the window. I have a long way to go before I am comfortable saying I'm good at this, but it's something I want to get good at. I have been playing around with glass scraps this week and getting more confident at cutting glass. I bought a glass grinder from a dealer on ebay and I'm very happy with how it works. I hope to make more things this summer when I'm not gardening and working on the house.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home