Friday, August 03, 2007


Pencil practice-

I spent some time last week practicing my drawing skills and this was my first try. I was trying to remember the last time I tried to do a drawing and, the best I could remember, it's been 9 years. So, I'm definitely rusty. When I helped my friend, Iva, pack up to move, I ended up bring home some paper that looked to be some sort of samples from a print shop. They looked fairly good for drawing to me. A bit heavier than pastel paper and with more texture, but were a nice shade of gray I enjoy doing portraits on. Turned out, the texture was a bit too rough and didn't want to accept the pencil very much at all. So, maybe not the best choice after all.
One thing I struggle with is accepting that this drawing won't be fabulous, simply because I've not used these skills for too long. In my logical mind, I know I should realize that practice makes perfect and that my practices along the way should be accepted for just that- practice. But, there's a part of me that doesn't want to worry about practice, everything I do should be fabulous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home